Sunday, October 10, 2010
Week 15: Burn Up! Because He's Big
Burn out; what does it mean?
Simply states as: To make or become exhausted, especially as a result of long-term stress.(www.Freedictionary.com) My friend told me, "Richie, I don't want to do this anymore. I'm tired... I lost the joy of serving in my church and study in my campus." His expressing was weak and I can see that he was emotionally stressed. As much as I want to say something that day, I just couldn't - I don't know what to say. There're times when you don't need to answer or say anything and expect to have all the answers figure out. Honestly, if possible I try to get away from troubles. But this I can't, he's my friend. We talked all night long and I inserted some jokes to release his face muscles tension due to stress.
Soon, I realized that what causes him to burn out was this:
■Having too much work (assignments and extracurricular activities such as clubs, sports, church or volunteer work) "Can you reduce some of the activities?", I asked. He said, "I can't."
■Relationship problems. Friends avoided him (He though so, but not sure), he want to have a girlfriend but none responds to him.
■Parent pressure. His parents want him to succeed in school be a good boy, having a good grades and they also want to see him excell in club and attending church activities. At first, he said, "I enjoy it all. But over time, I find that I MUST do this instead of WANT to do this." That was profound, I wrotes what he said.
■Lack of rest.
Are you burn out? Don't want to study anymore? Don't want to work any more? Give up on the project? Not attending church regularly? Feeling of no purpose of directions? Never ending task or work? Doing this and that and soon find out that none can satisfy you? Are you burn out? Depression, hopelessness, difficulty of concentrating, inability to sleep, lack of interest; work no longer has any meaning, loss appetite, overeating... Are you burn out?
As I'm writing this, I'm surrounded by books, so I browsed some good stuff of suggestions for me and you to overcome burn-out or for us to help people from burn out:
1) Take a break and learn the art of relaxing. "I don't have time! I'm busy.", he said to me. 'Well friend, you are not busy at all. You talked with me all night long."
2) Take regular time off. You aren't called to work harder than your Creator. After 6 'sessions' of creation, God rested on the 7th. (Genesis 1 and 2) Jesus said, 'Come apart and rest awhile.' If you don't rest awhile, you'll soon come apart!
3) Get proper exercise and sleep. 1 year ago I don't dare to say this, but since I practiced it, I'm more and ought to urge you to exercise and sleep well. (I don't ask anyone to do what I didn't do myself)
Are you burn out? Like Moses, His father-in-law advised him in Exodus 18:18, "The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone”, you know what? Liverpool fans singing, "You'll never walk Alone", You don't have to do/ handle/ walk alone! God is Bigger than your stress and problems... as my friend said, "When I looked at my problems in the view of God's perspective, all things seem to fade away." He's doing better now. Keep burn-up because He's Big!
- Renungan Saya tentang Kejadian 22:1-19: “Abraham mempersembahkan Ishak sebagai Korban”
- Baca Sampai Habis! 5 Sebab JANGAN Pergi ke Malam Pentakosta: Roh Kudus & Penuaian 2019
- Why my heart feel empty inside?
- Jesus was not a Handsome Man – Well, it doesn’t change anything at All: He is Awesome!
- Mother's Day: Letter from a Son to His Mother
- Week 48: Slowing - Slow down Tiger!
- Week 45: Generosity - A sure way to be Blessed
- Sorry seems to be the Hardest Word
- Teacher's Day: A writing from your Student
- The Message of Hope
They Click it A lot. [Top 7 last 7 Days]
Saya Bangsa Malaysia: Menurut Perspektif Seorang Kristian Di Malaysia (LEGASI.tv Interview) Bersama Mark AnantharajApa cabaran-cabaran yang kamu alami menjadi seorang Kristian yang komited di Malaysia? Bagi saya, salah satu cabaran utama ialah ekpresi at...
Yesus Kristus menyembuhkan seorang yang bisu dengan mengusir roh iblis yang merasukinya. Apa respon orang disana? Dua respon utama: 1) ...
I always say that you either come out better or worst or the same when the quarantine or lockdown is over. Here are seven (7) things that I...
“ This letter is from Paul, chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Timothy ” ( Colossians 1:1...
The hardest and most difficult person to lead is YOURSELF . I can tell people what to do, I can teach on many subjects, I can even (whe...
“ We are writing to God’s holy people in the city of Colosse, who are faithful brothers and sisters in Christ ” ( Colossians 1:2 , NLT ...
Selalunya dan kebanyakkan doa kita sebenarnya boleh dijawab oleh kita sendiri. "Kenapa tidak ada orang bersihkan sampah sarap ini....