What are the clues that a church is living, vital and active? These ideas may help:
1) Live churches have many people who bring their Bibles and use them; dead churches do not.
2) Live churches are filled with praise and sounds of joy and thanksgiving; dead churches are apathetic and lifeless.
3) Live churches usually have parking problems; dead churches never have to worry about parking.
4) Live churches are moving out by “faith”; dead churches creep along by sight.
5) Live churches have lots of children and young people and “noise”; dead churches are quiet as tombs.
6) Live churches center on serving people; dead churches focus mainly on problems.
7) Live churches are filled with a spirit of love for each other; dead churches are filled with suspicious, critical, and bickering people.
8) Live churches are always emphasizing evangelism, discipleship, and involvement; dead churches ask for little and get it.
9) Live churches have many sacrificial givers; dead churches have people who only “tip” the Lord.
10) Live churches are always growing; dead churches are plateaued or declining.
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.