Rosalind Goforth was a well-known missionary to China who, along with her husband Jonathan, enjoyed an illustrious career and ministry. But for many years, even having laboured for the Lord in China, Rosalind often felt oppressed by a burden of sin. She felt guilty and dirty, nursing an inward sense of spiritual failure. Finally one evening when all was quiet, she settled at her desk with Bible and concordance, determined to find out God’s attitude toward the failures, the faults, the sins of his children.
She put these words at the top of the page: What God Does With Our Sins. Then as she searched through the Scriptures, she compiled this list of seventeen truths:
1) He lays them on his Son – Jesus Christ (Isaiah 53:6)
2) Christ takes them away (John 1:29)
3) They are removed an immeasurable distance – as far as the East is from the West (Psalms 123:12)
4) When sought for, they are not found (Jeremiah 50:20)
5) The Lord forgives them (Ephesians 1:7)
6) He cleanses them ALL away by the blood of his son (1 John 1:7)
7) He cleanses them as white as snow or wool (Isaiah 1:18, Psalms 51:7)
8) He abundantly pardons them (Isaiah 55:7)
9) He tramples them under foot (Micah 7:19)
10) He remembers them no more (Hebrews 10:17)
11) He casts them behind his back (Isaiah 38:17)
12) He casts them into the depths of the sea (Micah 7:19)
13) He will not impute us with sins (Romans 4:8)
14) He covers them (Romans 4:7)
15) He blots them out (Isaiah 43:25)
16) He blots them out as a thick cloud (Isaiah 44:22)
17) He blots out even the proof against us, nailing it to His Son’s Cross (Colossians 2:14)
These are such amazing truths. Only the sinners can claim this forgiveness.
Would you come to Jesus? [Read and check the Bible verses above for yourself]
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.