Relationships help us define who we are and what we can become. In the area of leadership, relationships are crucial. In fact, John C. Maxwell, who taught me to be R.E.A.L. (Relationship, Equipping, Attitude, Leadership), says, "Relationships are the foundation of leadership." I don't know about you, but I'm naturally not a people person. So these five (5) rules help me a lot:
1) GET ALONG WITH YOURSELF - The one relationship you will have until you die is with yourself. Treat yourself with the respect and love you deserve.
2) VALUE PEOPLE - You cannot make another person feel important if you secretly feel that he or she is a nobody. Recognize that everyone has innate value and treat them accordingly.
3) MAKE THE EFFORT TO FORM RELATIONSHIPS - The result of a person who has never served others? Loneliness (I always see this in WhatsApp statuses). Be proactive! Make the effort. Reach out.
4) UNDERSTAND THE RECIPROCITY RULE - What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own. That's why I love to inspire you through LEGASI.tv. Your growth is my joy.
5) FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (but take considerations of people's real needs, contexts, and personalities).
I'm still learning. What is your best rule/principle/technique? 😊⚡✔ #ServeToLead #RelationshipLeadership #GrowingLeader
THINK BIG. START SMALL. GO DEEP.